May 2018 Board Minutes

SANDALL Committee Chairs Meeting and Board Meeting Minutes

San Diego Law Library, 1105 Front Street, San Diego

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Committee Chairs Meeting: Noon to 1:00 p.m.

Board Meeting: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster

Attendees:: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (phone), Christine Mathias, Laurel Moran (arrived at 1:20 p.m.), Marianne Sterna, Allan Harjala, Melissa Abernathy, Suzanne Smith.

 

Call to order

 

Committee Chair Reports:

  • Archives – Izabela Aleksieva was unable to attend.
  • Connect – Lisa Foster gave the report regarding outreach to library schools in Fall 2017. Connect meetings were held in September, October, November, January, March, and April. Attendance has been low and when the program resumes in the Fall of 2018 we will try to have a discussion theme for each meeting to create more interest.
  • Employment – Allan Harjala reported. This year Allan, Melissa Abernathy, Rachel Green and Sean Saxon comprised the committee. They researched and compiled legal and non-legal library and information science opportunities that might be of interest to SANDALL members and provided that information in a weekly listing. The weekly lists included 1,034 advertised positions from July 2017 to April 2018.
  • Government Relations – Rachel Green was unable to attend. Her report was submitted in written form. She reported that 2018 was busy, supporting legislative efforts at both the federal and state levels. This included support of H.R. 5305, the FDLP Modernization Act of 2018, and advocating for permanent funding for California County law libraries. The committee worked on this advocacy in collaboration with CCCLL, NOCALL, and SCALL. The committee also promoted AALL’s Online Advocacy Training and Virtual Lobby Day, and sent out four Washington ebulletins.
  • Grants – Marie Templo-Capule was unable to attend. The Grants committee received only one application for a grant during this year. This application will be discussed at the board meeting immediately following the committee chair reports.
  • Membership – Lisa Foster reported that SANDALL currently has 73 dues paying members and 4 emeritus/lifetime members, for a total of 77 members. This is a reduction of about 10 members from the same time last year. Outreach efforts were made by Lisa Foster and Treasurer Christine Mathias following the Fall 2017 membership drive to former members who did not renew, resulting in some additional renewals. Welcome emails were sent by Lisa Foster to new members, including information about upcoming events and how to join the listserv.
  • Newsletter – Melissa Abernathy reported regarding the newsletter, which is being published using the Mail Chimp marketing service. The newsletter had a 31.78% open rate this year for the five issues published in May 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018, and March 2018. The most popular issue was January 2018 highlighting the “History of SANDALL” event. The mailing list for the newsletter has 159 members. Thanks were given to Lisa Foster, Marianne Sterna, Anna Russell, Emily Ngo, Ian Kipnes, Michele Villagran, Laurel Moran, Christine Mathias, Kelly Keach, Michele Knapp, Rachel Green, Izabela Aleksievea and Dan Kimmons for their photos and written submissions this year.
  • Nominations – Suzanne Smith reported for the Nominations Committee, and shared that she and fellow committee member Leigh Inman have made extensive efforts, but still have not identified any candidates for the open Vice President and Secretary positions. Possible solutions for this situation were discussed, including the posting of a candid message to the membership on the listserv about the situation.
  • Public Relations – Christine Mathias took over as Chair of this committee last year. She reported that she and Erin Grimes have been working on a social media plan based on SDLL’s plan, which is comprehensive. She thanks Michele Villagran and Erin Grimes for their contributions to the creation of this plan. Christine encouraged everyone involved in event planning to forward information to her about events for posting on SANDALL’s social media platforms.
  • Webmaster – Heather Parker was unable to attend the meeting.

 

Lisa Foster closed out the Committee meeting by noting that there are updates that need to be made the Committee Information section on the SANDALL website. Those updates will be made with the assistance of Webmaster Heather Parker after Marianne Sterna (as the President Elect for the coming year) checks in with all of the Committee Chairs in June to determine if they intend to continue serving on their committees next year.

 

Board Meeting commenced at approximately 1:00 p.m.

 

President’s Report – Lisa Foster

  • Listserv hosting issue. AALL has been notified of SANDALL’s intention to leave the AALL hosted L-Soft listserv platform later this year. The Board discussed the recent two week free trial of Gaggle, a group email service that would be significantly less expensive than staying with the AALL-hosted platform. The Board agrees that Gaggle was user friendly and appears to meet SANDALL’s listserv needs, and would be a viable alternative to the AALL hosted listserv. Because the SANDLL listserv will remain with AALL until the fall, there is still time to test other possible group email services that we could use, if any are identified.
  • Grant Recommendation for Michele Villagran (Michele Villgran recused herself) for this portion. The Grant committee recommended an award of a $1,000 grant to Michele Villagran for expenses associated with her attendance at the SLA Annual Meeting in Baltimore. Michele will be speaking at the conference, and has contributed much time and effort to SANDALL during her three years on the Board. The board members present voted to award the grant to Michele.
  • Feedback from dues increase proposal. Lisa Foster reported that two emails were received from SANDALL members in response to the message posted on the listserv regarding the proposed dues increase of five dollars for regular and student members. Both emails were in favor of the increase. One of the emails suggested the Board explore creation of an institutional member category. The Board will look into this matter next year, which require compliance with the same process that was used for the dues increase proposal.
  • Board recruitment (VP and Secretary). The Board discussed the lack of candidates for the open Board positions, and the consequences of not having a fully staffed Board next year. Failure to fill the Vice President position will require that the Board scale back event planning for the coming year. Feedback is needed from the membership about the reasons why members are not willing to run for the Board, and whether changes to the current structure might encourage more participation. Laurel Moran mentioned that at the SDLL, the director requires employees to be actively involved in SANDALL as a requirement of paying the employee’s dues. Outreach to other library directors about ways to encourage SANDALL participation was discussed. A listserv message will be drafted by Lisa Foster for review by the rest of the Board regarding the situation, and seeking feedback from the membership.
  • June 4 Annual Business meeting. The business meeting date was changed to June 8th due to a conflict with schedules. Laurel Moran will form a committee for article of the year—to be awarded at the Business Meeting. Lisa Foster will do a PowerPoint and prepare certificates. Food will be from Corner Bakery.
  • 2018 AALL and SLA conferences – SANDALL members attending/presenting; Joint Reception for Western Pacific Chapters. Michele Villagran will be presenting at AALL and SLA. Our chapter will only have three or four attending AALL (as of those who responded to Lisa Foster to date). The Joint Reception of the Western Pacific Chapters will be July 14th from 6 to 8 p.m.

 

Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna

  • Programming
    • Spring Social will be canceled and the raffle held as part of the business meeting on June 8th. Only 2 persons had signed up. Connect will not be held on 5/19 and will resume in the Fall.

 

Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran reported that she will have a busy summer before starting on San Jose State’s faculty. She will remain a member of SANDALL.  SJSU offers minimal support for committee and other work but she will continue to assist on PR and social media and remain active in the association.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • March 21, 2018 meeting minutes – previously approved and posted.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias

  • Financial report. Total assets $15,045.27 and no liabilities. The Joint Institute brought in $908.89 and there were additional payments for the Holiday Party that boosted us to having revenue on that event as well.

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings: June 8th Business Meeting at San Diego Law Library 12:00 p.m.

Oct 2017 Board Minutes

SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes

Specialty’s Café, 101 W. Broadway

Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

 

Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster

Invitees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (calling in), Christine Mathias, Laurel Moran, Marianne Sterna

 

Call to order at 9:40 a.m.

 

President’s Report – Lisa Foster

  • Connect Meeting (next meeting October 21, 2017). Marianne is hosting the meeting in Lisa’s absence.  Thank you Marianne.
  • Lisa found a message on Council of Chapter presidents about Listserv messages not going to all members. This may have to do with administration at AALL. One person suggested AALL is working on problem—in the meantime we may want to bcc the emails as a group (our membership).
  • Event cancellation policy. Lisa submitted a draft to start the conversation. She shared language she found from other chapter’s websites as well and submitted same. Discussion over whether policy needed or if we should just have a cancellation policy on the individual registration forms. Most of our events are free in any case. We will set a non refundable date and announce it clearly in advance on an event by event basis. Consensus was no policy was required.

 

Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna

  • Programming
    • Holiday party. Budget discussed for party. Will offer one drink, dinner, dessert. Will be Dec. 12th.
    • Union Tribune tour will be October 25th 8:30 a.m.
    • November event we are organizing for Nov. 17th (Friday) in the afternoon with speaker June McCleod and she is gathering up other speakers such as Mary Lynn    She will talk about start of SANDALL and her vision as a founder. This will be in Coronado in the Winn Room.
    • Joint Institute update (AZALL)
      • Venue and date selected
      • AALL Grant application submitted
      • Next conference call November 21 after grant results announced
      • Supreme Court chambers in Capitol is the proposed venue
      • Greg Lambert is the AALL designated attendee

 

Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

  • Wiki and Social Media

Ongoing Wiki.  She has been in connection with Michele Knapp about accessing the Wiki. Right now we want to tie to the SANDALL gmail account. In the Wiki is a lot of outdated materials but there are annual reports, job descriptions. It is valuable and historical.

 

Social Media plan for SANDALL. We got SDLL’s updated plan.  Intent is we can update and modify for SANDALL purposes.  Christine is reaching out to Erin Grimes to work with Christine and Michele to get this up and running.  It is under PR committee and part of the past president’s work.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • Approval of September meeting minutes
  • Few additions/corrections and will be submitted to Heather for website.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings: Nov. 22nd via phone or Go to Meeting at 9:30 a.m.

 

Adjournment

 

March 2017 Board Minutes

SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes
Speciality’s Cafe
Friday, March 3, 2017
10:00 a.m.

Attendees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran, Derek Antler, Lisa Foster, Michele Knapp, Laurel Moran

 

Call to order at 10:02 a.m.

 

President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

  • PR social media update: Christine Mathias and Michele had a call; talked about social media. They will be updating Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. SDLL has a social media policy that they will share and we are looking at to adapt. Lisa noted on our website that there are some inconsistencies in our name. Noted that this will be an update project for the future.
  • Joint membership discussion update: NOCALL had mentioned collaborating CA wide on retaining membership. The call is now scheduled for this Wednesday.
  • Eventbrite: spoke with Christine Mathias of SDLL. Main differences from EventBee: can set up free meetings; more functionality in Eventbrite-SDLL has had no issues with this platform. SDLL has not needed any support for EventBrite either. Michele Knapp has prior experience with Eventbrite and has found them responsive when help was needed. Michele V. will explore getting a trial of EventBrite for SANDALL.
  • Council of Chairs: Michele V. was inspired by Keith Ann and as a result she will be running for Chair for Council of Chapter Presidents. There are five people running for Chair. It is not an individual vote; it is a vote per board.  Lisa Foster has placed the board vote.
  • Newsletter deadline March 15. Lisa sent Institute photographs and Betsy Chessler did an article about the Forensics topic. Michele V. may write article on the police officer who presented at the Winter Institute.
  • Upcoming events:
    • SCALL March 3-4 (both Michele’s are going from our Board)
    • NOCALL April 1

 

 

Vice President’s Report – Lisa Foster

  • Programming
    • March 20, Lessons from a Library Fire webinar
    • May 6, Spring Social
    • Other

 

Lisa submitted an event calendar update. Virginia Hire Damrauer will do a March program on Lessons from a Library Fire. Webinar is open to all—100 is a technical cap/limit.  The information has been widely disseminated so we hope to get good attendance.

 

April we are thinking of a community service event; donation drive for Rescue Mission. Could designate people as collection points for the various local libraries. We could collect and have it end at Connect Meeting in April and we would make arrangements to deliver to Rescue Mission. This should reveal if our members are interested in any community service in the future.

 

May 6 is the Spring Social; 10-1 at the Winn Room Coronado Library.  We have to do a deposit but that is good for a year so we could use that for other events.

CEB has been contacted about sponsoring Business Meeting; the request is in.

 

 

Past President’s Report – Michele Knapp

 

Report about website.  Heather Parker was sent a list of things that needed updating. On page that shows previous officers—need last year’s board to make it complete.  Laurel Moran’s name misspelled.  Committee members will be updated and corrected.

 

Nominations: Anna has in the past been sent out ballots. Archives: We need two more archives members still. They need help with digitizing documents; a listserv announcement will be made on this need.

 

Still working on Wiki and Google Drive-work in progress.

 

Nominations—we need to figure out if we will have someone running for VP. What happens if we do not have a candidate? Nominations need to go to Executive Board nine weeks before annual business meeting and submission is 6 weeks prior to annual meeting. Six weeks before is April 27 and nine weeks is April 6th.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • February meeting minutes
    • Approved via email.
    • Publish in the newsletter and post on Listserv? Update: real procedure is website only. NOTE: to update policies and procedures in future. Website only is fine.
  • Nominations: some chapters have gone with one fewer board member. Can you offer a registration or incentive? Not favored. Suzanne Smith has been given a few names. Anna Russell will send out ballots and we need to look at time lines. Would be nice if we could get a firm librarian involved.
  • Michele V. has given business meeting notice to Listserv and that is sufficient.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Derek Antler

 

  • Googlesheets App – the income statement/budget spreadsheet was submitted.
  • Winter Institute revenue
  • We are at 85 members
  • Regarding Institute: next year set a deadline for late cancels and refunds. Some chapters do not refund if the person cannot attend. Set policy no refunds before 10 days before paid events in the future.

 

Derek put $1,000 in grants as a placeholder for April.

 

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings

  • April 28, Board meeting at 3-4pm, https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/678959813
  • May 18, Board & committee Chairs meeting at 12-1:30pm, San Diego Law Library
  • June 8, Annual business meeting & luncheon at 12-1:30pm, Thomas Jefferson School of Law

 

Adjournment at 11:18 a.m.

 

February 2017 Board Minutes

Meeting Facilitator: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

Attendees: Derek Antler, Lisa Foster, Laurel Moran, Michele Villagran

 

Call to order at 9:32 a.m.

 

President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

  • Keith Ann’s She comes in Thursday and there will be an SDLL tour. Then head to San Diego Central Library. Docent will provide a tour there. Friday the Institute and then dinner at SeaSalt. Invited Stephanie from SCALL but she cannot attend. Saturday Keith Ann will tour TJSL and then Lisa Foster will take her to the airport.
  • PR social media update

Christine Mathias now primary lead on the committee.  She will do work with social media. Michele will call with her and report back on the meeting.

  • Joint membership discussion

Michael, NOCALL President, asked about low membership.  Michele threw out possibility of a state wide initiative to let people join more than one chapter and provide incentives for so doing. This would be a joint membership incentive.

  • Reminders: Board & committee chair meeting – May 18; Business meeting – June 8. Business meeting will be on list serv and invite will go out next week.

 

Vice President’s Report – Lisa Foster

 

February Institute

 

Institute is ready and all things in place. Head count has changed slightly-total is 33 and that includes speaker and vendor reps. 20 full day and 4 half days. Would have like to have more registrants but it is a solid number.

 

Food ordered through Panera. Total cost $xxx plus tax.

 

Signs are done. Betsy Chessler had printed through firm at no cost.  Thanks to Morrison and Forester.

 

Lisa submitted the program to board. Badges are designed and need to be printed on stickers. There is registration list. Lisa will buy drop cloths for water salvage exercise so tables do not get wet.

 

AALL sent items for their table and Michele V. will bring those.

 

Lisa detailed donations and give aways for board.

 

Lisa also prepared a trivia game to incentivize attendees to talk to vendors.

 

Lisa will give opening remarks at Institute and discussed with the board on how to appropriately cover the opening of the Institute.

 

May Spring Social

 

Lisa sent application for a room at Coronado Library. Lisa proposed May 6th for the date. They will not book sooner than 90 days ahead. We would only be charged a cleaning fee of $25.00 since we are having food. The room is open to the public so they could wander in and participate and we could not exclude them. Time would be 10 to 1:00.

 

Other

 

We had spoken to Union Tribune about tour.  Librarian is not responding so we need a plan B for another tour. April we have some Rescue Mission community event in the works. A donation drive where people could provide items on the wish list (ex. socks). A feel good thing for our group.

 

 

Past President’s Report – Michele Knapp

  • VP and Treasurer candidates

 

Christine Mathias will run for Treasurer.

 

We had hoped someone could participate from Cal Western; however, we have no candidates in mind.

 

Archives now needs 2 committee members. Jennifer Clauson is a potential person with a rich background and an interest in digitization projects.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • Approval of January meeting minutes. Approved and will be sent to Heather.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Derek Antler

  • Eventbee Invoice. Derek emailed tech support to figure out charges. Got word back that $14.00 invoice was for adding people to list of attendees manually- there is a per ticket charge for that. Need to select complimentary ticket in the future. Michele V. seems to think they have added this new charge since last year. Moving forward we might need lesson or training on Eventbee. Maybe an alternative service would work. Michele V. will speak with Christine Mathias at San Diego Law Library, which uses Eventbrite, and report back as an alternative service option. The invoice will be paid in account tab of Eventbee.

 

  • For the Chase Debit card, there is no per-transaction limit, though there is a per-day limit (this is contrary to previous information). Derek had called to increase—it is a per day limit of $10,000 and ATM limit. We should not have problem with a per transaction purchase or per day limits.

 

  • For PayPal, there is a $500 per-month limit for transferring money to our bank; the limit resets on the first day of the month. This is useful to know to prevent charges.

 

  • Balances checking $xxxx.xx. Savings $xxxx.xx; and PayPal at $xx.xx. Total balances $xx,xx.xx.

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings

 

Next meeting propose that we have March 3 in the morning.

 

Adjournment

 

Adjourned at 11:15 a.m.

January 2017 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Held Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at Specialty’s Café, San Diego, CA

 

In Attendance:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Meeting called to order 9:34 a.m.

 

Meeting Minutes:

Approval of December meeting minutes.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

For our chapter visit Keith Ann Stiverson is visiting; she has already booked travel.  She arrives Thursday 2/9/17 and stays until Saturday 2/11/17. She will be staying near Morrison and Foerster. She is available for tours during the day of various libraries. Michele will get her main interests for visits, etc. It will be nice to have her hit various local law libraries.

A February 10, 2017 dinner will be planned with our AALL guest and the SANDALL board.

An Invitation has been extended to SCALL and NOCALL for them to attend our Institute.

The SCALL Institute is on Constitutional Law March 3-4, 2017 in San Diego. Michele V. will be attending. There should be a good contingent of SANDALL people attending. NOCALL Institute will be held April 1, 2017; topic to be set. Members should apply for grants for the other chapter institutes and we will put reminder in the newsletter to this effect.

Newsletter deadline January 15th. The institute and webinar information will be in there.  Good article on Natural History tour, etc. We should add nominations information for board positions and connect with the Nominations Committee. Will need Vice President and Treasurer. Board is favoring the slate idea for going forward. We approved the slate method and consulted the bylaws to know that no change is required to do an election by slate. Michele Knapp will put announcement about this in the newsletter. It was noted our website should reflect date of the current amendments to bylaws (Heather).

AALL Online Election System. Costs too much money per election. We will not use.

Call for Nominations: AALL Chapter Professional Development award. Any thought provoking things SANDALL members have done—we can nominate a SANDALL event.  Two categories; programs up to a year’s duration or a single workshop of at least a ½ day.  Due February 1st.

Committee Chairs meeting and Board will be May 18th, 2017 12:00 to 1:30 at SDLL. SDLL has been contacted to set this up. Will be put on the calendar as we have done this in the past. Will send save the date for committee chairs.

Business meeting June 7 or 8th. We can select either date and both are booked at TJSL. We will do Thursday, June 8, 2017. CEB will sponsor; Michele has the form to fill out.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

SANDALL events 2017. January webinar invite has gone out.  There have been nice emails from those excited about it. Maximizing your Social Media is the topic and the speaker is Gayle Lynn Falkenthal. Michele V. will check sign ups.  January 18th is the date.

Winter/Spring Institute.  Some issues are the pricing and who can be invited. Four speakers are Mark Anning; Daniel Libby; Virginia Hire Damrauer, and Julie Page. Location is MOFO multipurpose room. Sponsors/Exhibitors are Thomson Reuters, Lexis, Legislative History and Intent, Retrieve-It, Documents Delivered, and CEB. Lunch by Panera. Event bee link is up. Do we want to offer a lesser amount for morning session for those who have done Julie Page sessions already? Inclined with those interested to offer ½ day at lesser price. $35.00 ½ day option approved. Could we invite non law librarian from another library who might be interested. We should open up to SLA and other associations so we fill up the Institute. Should we charge a different price for non members? Yes. $40.00 for ½ day and $60.00 for full day, non members price.

Other: We need to get program together and get bios of speakers and titles of the talk. We will gather their handouts by the end of the month. Perhaps see if Barbara Glennan can assist in putting this together from the existing template. Signs?  Poster board 18 by 24 to thank sponsors, make announcements. Need easels and/or tables. Fed Ex office would be a good choice for signs and the cost is reasonable.  Lisa will give lunch choice information. Morrison Forester would also be thanked as a host and for providing beverages. We have coverage for morning and afternoon breaks and for half of the Julie Page speaker fee (Thomson). AALL will have a table to give away a complimentary registration and a membership. Derek will check in on sponsors. Are we hoping to record this—Lisa will ask MOFO to see if they have the capability built in and we can use at no cost. If it is costly or we need to man a camera we will not get a quality recording. Will put out requests for volunteers. Can just draw at end of day or use bingo card to encourage vendor interactions. Discussion on prizes; we have Amazon cards, mugs, memberships, etc. We have Bloomberg; they sent bags with swag as give aways.

Lisa will be getting back with her speakers.

Library tour of Union Tribune library is coming and will be planned; tentatively for March.

April social responsibility campaign a potential. 5K walk; other ideas. Could pull ideas from other chapters or talk to SLA about partnering.

Spring Social in neighborhood was nice. Balboa Park as a location, possibly. May 6th or 20th would be Saturdays available.

Connect is the 21st of January. New member Jennifer should apply for grant.

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Wiki and Google Drive is still a work in progress.  Michele has been working on best ways to access via gmail.

Archives Committee update: Robert O’Leary sent email and when he gets back they will speak about detail.  Lots of details they are working on and it is time consuming to create a digital archives. Copyright and newsletter questions they are working on. We will see how they manage their work load (rather large).

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

Approval of December minutes. Lisa Foster has one thing; when it comes to cost of institute. Minor point. Carl with a K; approved as amended.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

Account balances:

PayPal $xxx.xx with 2 transfers

There is no PayPal fee that Derek is seeing right now.

Checking is $xxxx.xx

Savings $xxxx.xx

Error in PayPal to refund a double payment. Mail her refund; Lisa Foster has contact information.

Membership 3 new; 4 lifetime 82 total. PayPal option people are utilizing. 62 paid online.

Derek was using Google docs for this when we have uniform logins for google drive.

Updated holiday party.  Lost x,xxx.xx on it.  50 registrants for party.

We have some Institute registrants and sponsors are beginning to pay. CEB, Documents Delivered, Jan Raymond, Legislative Intent, and TR.

x,xxx.xx received for Institute as of now.

We may balance out with good registrations for institute. We will keep costs down.

Logo looks good (one Derek prepared).  Board approved.

Excel/Access seems as if Excel can work as well as an Access database.

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

Executive Board Meeting will be 2/8/17 at 9:30 and held online/virtual.

Adjournment:

Meeting adjourned by President Michele Villagran at 11:04 a.m.

December 2016 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Held Virtually via GoToMeeting

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.

 

In Attendance via computer and/or telephonically:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Call to Order by President Michele Villagran at 9:30 a.m.

Meeting Minutes:

The board approved the November minutes.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

The President raised a question about whether our bylaws should incorporate the agreement/collaboration of the California Chapters Government Relations committees. The Board determined this was not necessary. This collaboration document will be posted to members so they are aware of the information.

Our chapter will be visited by Keith Ann Stiverson.  She will come to the Spring Institute. Michele will be picking her up and taking her to the event and we will also possibly host a dinner the night before the Institute or a breakfast before, depending upon her schedule.

Michele Villagran has extended an invite to SCALL and NOCALL to designate one board member for a complimentary attendance at our Spring Institute.

June 7/8 are tentative dates for our Annual Business meeting.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

Lisa provided details on programming.  She has been working very hard on the Institute and has a draft vendor packet ready. Members of the board will assist and review and suggest additional vendors that might be suitable for this event.

Lisa will continue to work on a program for the event (including logo). A save the date will be forthcoming and she will if at all possible get registration up before the holidays. Lunch options were discussed; possibly Panera as they did a great job at the SLA Fall workshop.

The cost of the Institute was discussed. It was determined that the cost will be $50.00 for full day and $35.00 for a ½ day option. Vendor prices for sponsorship will be increased as well. Lisa will work on getting packets out and perhaps have vendors sponsor speakers as well.

Lisa is also working on a January webinar.

Lisa pointed out that Grants is in need of an additional member. Since 2 of 3 members of grants are TJSL employees the wish is to get someone outside TJSL involved. Some possible names were suggested.

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Michele Knapp is working on access to the Google Drive and/or Wiki.

Michele Knapp also reminded all that the SCALL Institute is in San Diego this year (March 3-4). She will forward information to the SANDALL listserv.

We also need to start thinking about nominations-reminder. One possibility is to have one person per office and elect officers as a slate.

Michele also reported that January 15th is the newsletter deadline and Ruth Levor will provide an article about the death of Karl Gruben. There should also be an announcement or moment in his memory at the SANDALL Institute.

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

No information to report other than the approval of the minutes.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

Total members as of this date: 81; 77 regular and 4 lifetime (this includes 2 new members).

Account balances:

Checking $x,xxx.xx

Savings $x,xxx.xx

Many members are paying their dues with Paypal. One lifetime member paid dues and donated the payment.

Holiday Party: Total that was paid in tickets $x,xxx.xx. Total expenses were $x,xxx.xx.  With CEB sponsorship it is projected we will take in $x,xxx.xx for the party. There was some uncertainty as to why the restaurant bill was higher than expected; most likely due to how they charged for drinks (not included in cost per person).

Derek will request a debit card increase of maximum charge to $x,xxx.

Two parties paid by check early on then had an employer pay; the double payments were refunded by Derek.

One new member paid twice and this will be refunded.

On a quick review of the membership list it was noted that a lot of members have not renewed as of yet. Some board members will follow up with some individuals.

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

January 10, at Specialty’s Café in San Diego, CA.  9:30 a.m.

Adjournment:

Meeting adjourned by President Michele Villagran at 10:42 a.m.

November 2016 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Held Virtually via GoToMeeting

Monday, November 14, 2016

 

In Attendance via computer and/or telephonically:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Call to Order by President Michele Villagran at 9:30 a.m.

Meeting Minutes:

The board approved the October minutes with two minor modifications.  Change Eventbrite to EventBee and modify section relating to AALL annual meeting.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

The AALL chapter visit form has been submitted. As soon as the Vice President confirms a few details regarding the Institute (venue, times, when the AALL representative will speak) we will know more.

The Newsletter deadline is Nov. 15. Content is a bit light so the board is encouraged to submit information and encourage others to do so. The President will submit an article on her attendance at CLA. We could use a write up on the SLA Fall conference as well. Please include the holiday party announcement in the newsletter.  Lisa Foster is to submit that link to the newsletter and also provide an announcement about the SANDALL Connect event that is coming up on November 19th. Derek Antler will provide photos of the Central Library tour for the newsletter.

Michele Villagran will provide more information about the AALL branding initiative when it is available from AALL.

The President is collecting information on how information sharing is carried out by other chapters.

There is an update from AALL’s executive board.  They have approved two new caucuses; ENCORE for post employment or retired members; and Teaching Legal Technology for those interested in that area of the profession. The Diversity Committee has now been renamed to Diversity and Inclusion. The AALL Board also approved the Strategic Connections Plan.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

The Vice President reported that registrations for the Natural History museum tour on Nov. 18th are good with about a dozen members planning to attend.

Holiday Party registrations continue to come in with an overall good response rate. There was discussion on vendor table set up; raffle, etc.

California Western is helping with Institute ideas and outreach.  The event will be held February 10th.  The venue is the multipurpose room of Morrison & Foerster. This room can hold 100 people and the firm will provide beverages throughout the day. There will be one speaker from the SDPD and Julie Page will also speak on disaster preparedness.  Lisa is working on getting another speaker; hopefully with real library experience involving a library disaster and/or security issue. Speakers on cybersecurity have not panned out but Lisa has other possibilities for the third speaker. Lisa will provide a save the date announcement for the newsletter—letting members know the date of the Institute. Michele Villagran offered to help with vendor outreach for the Institute.

The next SANDALL Connect is November 19th, 2016. There are two aspiring librarians who will attend and one is planning to join SANDALL.

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Michele Knapp has been viewing the wiki and has decided the wiki is outdated in both form and format. She is creating a Google Drive to share with the board. She is awaiting Anna Russell’s return from vacation in order to get administrative access to the wiki.

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

No information to report other than the approval of the minutes.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

SANDALL tax forms have been filed and the accountant paid.

Membership renewals are ongoing.  We have 70 regular members and 4 lifetime members.  No student members as of this date. Regular member renewals total $xxxx and there was one donation of $xx from a lifetime member who wished to donate dues to SANDALL.

The budget was reviewed. The treasurer is using Google Apps and Google Sheets for budgets so the document may be secure and shared. Board members may add to commented cells in the Google Sheet budget to provide sponsorship/vendor projections.

There are 12 registrations to date for the holiday party. Registrations total $xxx less the Paypal and Eventbee charges of $xx.

Membership forms are still being blocked by USD email; however, the help desk is working on whitelisting them.  In the meantime they are being received by Heather Parker via her yahoo email address.

Account balances:

As of Nov. 14, 2016 the balances are:

  • Checking: $xxxx
  • Savings: $xxxx
  • PayPal: $xx

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

Executive Board Meeting will be virtual next month. December date to be determined; most likely December 12 or 13th.

Adjournment:

Meeting adjourned by President Michele Villagran.

October 2016 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Specialty’s Café, 101 W Broadway

Friday, October 28, 2016

 

In Attendance:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Call to Order by Past President at 9:45 a.m.

Meeting Minutes:

Approved (via email) September minutes by all board members.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

Chapter visit form will be sent in as soon as dates are available.

We need to update AALL brand on any SANDALL communications and/or publications. Derek will notify Heather, and Michele V. will work on making sure the branding update happens. There are guidelines and consistent formats to follow. Brand information will be sent to committee chairs as well so they use the new logo and AALL brand. Launch of new AALL brand happens in early November.

In the past AALL has supported representatives for July meeting; this funding concern was for AALL support of representatives to cataloging committees.

Annual meeting: there was discussion on whose turn is it to support joint reception.  Michele K. believes that it is NOCALL’s turn. Any rooms we need as chapter must be booked by December this year.

David Selden is new chair for Social Responsibility SAS. He has offered to assist any chapter looking to go green. Keep him in mind as a potential speaker or to use on a project in future planning.

Michele V. reported that Marie Templo is looking for help on the Grants committee.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

Holiday party costs reviewed.  The consensus was to keep the cost lower and subsidize member costs if need be. The cost will be $25.00. We will invite SLA members and attempt to widen the scope of invitees.  We do not intend to have differing rates for members versus nonmembers, spouses, etc. There is a conflict with the SDLL Holiday Open House. We will accept PayPal registration for this event; Michele V. will show Lisa Foster how to set this up in EventBee. Prize drawings for holiday party are contemplated. Lisa Foster and Michele V. to work on donations/prizes for holiday party.

Topic of the month for Library Connect has been tried. Open for ideas on topics.

Programming update/events table submitted by Lisa Foster. Next event is tour of SD Natural History Museum followed by happy hour at Panama 66.

Holiday party at Solare on December 8, 2016. CEB is sponsoring [removed].

January 2017 there will be a training/brown bag on Effective Use of Social Media/Marketing.

February Institute (Winter/Spring Inst.). Library Safety and Security Issues. Julie Page a possible speaker on preservation.  Potential to do tracks so attendees could focus on their area of interest. SDPD speaker’s bureau will be contacted as well. Cyber Security is another potential topic. If we split this up to ½ day or full day registration we might get better participation and then can charge accordingly.

We need to get the February Institute dates down so we can request AALL President Ron Wheeler in as a key note speaker. Lisa Foster will work on getting dates and the location specified so this can be done.

March: Union Tribune library tour. They are downtown and not in Mission Valley so this will be after first of the year due to their recent move. There are two other potential topics: Tom Senzee on LGBT topics.  Possibly also get a panel together of long term librarians and the changes/trends they have seen.

Webinar: post mortem-other than technology problems the content was good on supervising students and volunteers. Slides and recording are on our website.

Spring Social is in May and the business meeting is in June at TJSL.

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Contacts through website; we have a number of different forms that people access—we are updating so these go to the correct persons/contacts. Some buttons are unclear so forms are sometimes not coming to the correct person or are coming twice.

Membership we have Lisa, Derek, and Heather as contacts. We should also add Emily.

Keep grant contacts small to protect confidentiality of the applicants.

She will use our contact emails for the Wiki, etc.

Lifetime achievement awards considered.

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

No information to report.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

Chapter liability insurance; AALL cashed check and it has been paid; [removed]

Income statement note about budget being established for the year by President and Treasurer.  Derek has started a projected budget for this year; some items are tentative. Derek to work with Michele Villagran to develop this budget. The board discussed some budget variables such as grants. Holiday Party cost also covered.

Membership renewals are lagging. A targeted reminder might be called for at this point. Emily is doing outreach on memberships. We did outreach through Library Connect as well.

Taxes: we paid our CPA in November last year so this is budgeted as they are due November 15.

Member database Derek is refining. Querying the list is a focus.  Total is now at 61; not including pending registrations. No students on list at the moment. There were 3 volunteers from SDLL to work on committees.

[removed]

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

Executive Board Meeting will be virtual next month. November 14th, 2016. Call at 9:30 a.m.

Adjournment:

Meeting adjourned by President Michele Villagran at 11:13 a.m.

September 2016 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Specialty’s Café, 101 W Broadway

Monday, September 26, 2016

 

In Attendance:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Call to Order by President at 9:37 a.m.

Meeting Minutes:

August 17, 2016 meeting minutes submitted by Secretary Laurel Moran and approved.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

  • News from Chair of AALL Council of Presidents. Julie Pabarja and her committee have regular meetings posted on AALLNet. They are collecting chapter news and we need to get news to her by Oct. 28. She is featuring one or 2 chapters a month—we can highlight events. Chapter visits-discussed; scheduling and dates to avoid. We should get a Chapter visit this year and we can request a specific person. President would be nice; but we can request preferences and a backup person. Ron Wheeler—get a date and event we can invite him to as a speaker. Possibly the February Institute and give a backup event as well (June business meeting). Michele Villagran will look at form and complete.
  • AALL Program and workshop proposals due October 3, 2016: Eugene is the person to contact for funding, room rental, travel fees, broadcasting. Oct. 19 is next deadline for program and workshop proposals. There are 3 grant cycles throughout the year. Grant cannot cover food, advertising, etc. Michele Villagran to look up other deadlines for grant cycles as well.
  • AALL/BNA Continuing Education Grants. Next deadline October 19, 2016.
  • Chapter Liability Insurance: We have to pay by Oct. 28; based on number of members as of October 1, 2016. We are in the middle of our membership cycle but will count only those actually members as of 10/1 so we get people who paid last year and new members. We also have to count lifetime members.
  • Email conduct policy: came up on listserv. Email conduct policy—do we have one? May tie in to the communication audit that is part of this year’s goals. NOCALL is looking at modeling theirs after AALL.
  • Issues with posting job ads: Do we have to provide disclaimers for the jobs we post? We believe that we are an aggregator and not responsible for the individual employer’s responsibility to post their jobs in a non- discriminatory manner.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

  • Programming update.

We are having holiday party at Solare lounge at Liberty Station. Buffet style Italian—Dec. 8 is the date. It has a heated patio/part inside and out. Venue is more cost effective than totally indoor venues.  Event starts at six p.m. to nine. Derek has handled the deposit. Michele K. has viewed the event space and assisted in making the arrangements.

 

Library tour is scheduled for Wed. Not a huge number of RSVPs.

 

October program on supervising volunteers.  Have a UCSD speaker. Tough to get someone from non profit. Open to suggestions on garnering someone at non profits. Mid week time slot again. Lisa F. will send speakers a checklist of things to cover. Thinking this will be held as a webinar.  November a library tour and December is our holiday party.

 

Institute will be about library safety and Lisa F. is working to get grant to pay speaker’s fee. Also we want to get as speaker a person from a library that had a recent security incident. Michele K. mentioned a speaker that was at LA Times near time of the Rodney King verdict. SDSU shooting incident perhaps? Does not have to be a librarian speaker. We need to arrange with our main speaker 2 months in advance.  Can use Thomas Jefferson as a venue. Vendor contacts need to be made for sponsorship/support. Tentative date 2/10 and then backup date going to earlier Jan. 27.

 

Using Social Media program in the works as well.

 

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Committee Liaisons:

Archives/Historian: Board Liaison is Michele K. Committee Chair is Izabela Aleksieva.

SANDALL Connect: Board Liaison is Lisa F. Committee Co-Chairs are Betsy Chessler & Lisa Foster.

Employment: Board Liaison is Derek Antler. Committee Chair is Allan Harjala.

Government Relations: Board Liaison is Michele V. Committee Chair is Vance Sharp.

Grants: Board Liaison is Michele V. Committee Chair is Marie Templo-Capule.

Membership: Board Liaison is Derek Antler. Committee Co-Chairs are Emily Ngo & Lisa Foster.

Newsletter: Board Liaison is Laurel Moran. Committee Chair is Melissa Fung.

Nominations: Board Liaison is Michele K. Committee Chair is Suzanne Smith.

Programs: Board Liaison is Lisa Foster. Committee Chair is Lisa Foster.

Public Relations: Board Liaison is Lisa Foster. Committee Chair is Christine Mathias.

Social Responsibility: Board Liaison is Laurel Moran. Committee Chair is Cheryl Weeks-Frey.

Webmaster: Board Liaison is Michele K. Committee Chair is Heather Parker.

Board members should contact their committee chairs as soon as possible. Michele K. provided an email template to assist in this regard.

SANDALL email address and online forms. Discussion as to where email forms are being sent. Grant forms should go to Chair of committee and SANDALL President. Contact us links should go to Michele K. and Heather, our webmaster. Membership forms to Derek, Lisa Foster and Emily Ngo.

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

Update on 9/30 SLA event; 3 SANDALL speakers will present at roundtable section of this seminar.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

As of 9/25/2016:

Checking balance $8,094.54

Savings balance $5,141.98

PayPal balance $125.36

Total: $13,361.88

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

Executive Board Meeting on October 28, 2016, 9:30 a.m. at Specialty’s Café, 101 W Broadway, San Diego, Ca 92101.

Adjournment:

Meeting adjourned by President Michele Villagran at 10:47 a.m.

August 2016 Board Minutes

SANDALL Executive Board Meeting Minutes

Specialty’s Café, 101 W Broadway

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

 

In Attendance:

Michele Lucero Villagran, President

Michele Knapp, Past President

Lisa Foster, Vice President

Derek Antler, Treasurer

Laurel Moran, Secretary

 

Call to Order by President at 9:35 a.m.

Meeting Minutes:

The June 2016 meeting minutes were approved electronically in June (via email).

AALL Reports:

Michele Villagran, Michele Knapp, Lisa Foster, and Laurel Moran provided highlights of what they learned and enjoyed about the AALL Conference in Chicago.

Past President Michele Knapp valued the networking opportunities available. One program that stood out was on Asian Language materials. Michele found it valuable to her in the context of her work with Interlibrary Loans.

Vice President Lisa Foster attended the Legislative History research program; she will later write an article on what she learned. One speaker recommended compiling legislative history as a method for librarians to get published while at the same time brushing up on their research skills. The Chapter Summit was valuable to see what others are doing, to make connections, and explore collaboration. Lisa also noted the SANDALL poster at AALL was well received.

Secretary Laurel Moran attended the Hackathon at Chicago Kent School of Law where her group used AALL data to create a Chrome Browser extension that gives a user information on whether a legal source they are using is an official version of the law.

President Michele Villagran attended the diversity symposium; which this year was on LGBTQ issues.  Michele is now writing an article on inclusivity and has recently attended a similar diversity event at UCLA.  The Chapter summit training was excellent especially on noting the risks an association may encounter and how to insure against those risks. There was a discussion on whether we should review our insurance coverage through AALL and evaluate whether it is sufficient.

Goals of SANDALL Board:

Discussion on Board goals for the year.

Lisa Foster-noted that one goal is building the membership. Membership committee members are compiling a list of potential new members to reach out to, especially large firms and government agencies. The question is: Are we missing anyone and how can we encourage them to join? Some of our planned programming may have broader appeal (safety and security and supervising volunteers) and this may help in growing membership. CONNECT kickoff is coming in September and will be utilized for recruitment.

Michele Knapp-a second goal is to improve our record of institutional knowledge. Example: update the wiki.

Derek Antler-a third goal is improving record keeping for membership. Consider moving membership record keeping to a database where we may create reports and find information quickly. Access database floated as an option. Board members should consider potential database design—think about fields such as date first joined, etc.

Michele Villagran indicated a fourth goal would be a communication audit. Evaluate the most useful tools we use now and what we might want to change in the future.

President’s Report-Michele Villagran:

  1. New committee chairs & members status update

We have responses from five committees.

  1. PR committee: Christine Mathias is the new chair and Betsy Chessler stays on as a member and will continue the yearly print directory.
  2. Employment committee: Melissa Fung is meeting with Alan Harjala to work out committee details. One other member is needed.
  • Newsletter committee: Melissa Fung to stay on as chair.
  1. Grants committee: Marie Templo to stay on as Chair. Grants committee may be seeking an additional member.
  2. Archives committee: Jean Miles from USD is a new member.
  3. Membership committee: Emily Ngo and Lisa Foster continue as co-chairs.
  • CONNECT: Lisa Foster is seeking a co-chair.
  • Leigh Inman needs to be added to website as Nominations committee participant. We need at least 3 persons on the committee.

 

  1. Statement of Purpose for the Government Relations Committee

Statement of Purpose for GRC was handed out for review. If there are any changes, let Michele Villagran know. Other committees need to create a statement of purpose as well.

  1. Other

Council of Chapter Presidents: we should share news if there is something going on in our chapter. Julie Pabarja is the contact.

Note the SLA-SD Chapter practices manual— http://sandiego.sla.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SLA-SD_ChapterPracticesManual_Updated201510.pdf  This manual contains bylaws, job descriptions, gives best practices and is updated regularly.  Potential project to pull together something similar for SANDALL .

Reminder on AALL crowdsource & voting 8/19 is deadline. http://aall.ampc.ideascale.com/

 

9/15 is next deadline for SANDALL newsletter.  Send items to Melissa Fung.

Upcoming professional development opportunities:

 

  1. AALL Copyright Issues in Institutional Repositories and Digital Archives webinar, 8/18 http://www.aallnet.org/hc/Calendar/Events/Copyright-Issues-in-Institutional-Repositories.html
  2. SLA-SD August Volunteer Event; Feeding America San Diego, 8/23. Register by 8/17 http://sandiego.sla.org/category/events/chapter-programs/
  3. SLA-SD annual professional development seminar, San Diego, California, 9/30 – Exceeding our Patron Expectations: The Engagement-Centered Library http://sandiego.sla.org/2016/05/exceeding-our-patrons-expectations-call-for-proposals/
  4. Internet Librarian, Monterey, CA, 10/17-10/19 http://internet-librarian.infotoday.com/2016/
  5. California Library Association, Sacramento, CA, 11/3-11/6 http://conference.cla-net.org/2016/
  6. National Conference on Copyright of State Legal Materials, Boston, MA, 12/2 http://www.aallnet.org/hc/Calendar/Events/copyrightconf.html

 

Also noted:

Michele Villagran is presenting 2 sessions at CLA this year

Michele Knapp, Betsy Chessler, and Laurel Moran are presenting at SLA-SD September event.

WESTPAC; Brent Bernau presenting on Collection Development panel.

Emily and Michele Knapp are going to the ILL symposium in Portland.

Vice President’s Report-Lisa Foster:

Lisa is mapping out programming and has a tentative plan. September will be a library tour.  Rare book room at Central Library in consideration.

Other idea if Central Library tour is a no go: tour the special collections as SDSU. Laurel will ask Chris Pickford about the contact there.

October webinar using Go to Meeting.  Topic under consideration—supervising students, volunteers, and interns. Speakers from volunteer/nonprofits (ex. Red Cross).

November—possible library tour

December-holiday party. Solare or Old Town restaurant are being vetted.

January 2017-Effective Use of Social Media and Marketing

Other ideas: diversity in the profession (LGBTQ) and Library Safety and Security Issues (Dr. Steve Albrecht a potential speaker) Partner with SLA SD maybe to help split the fee.

Joint Institute—potential idea with Arizona (AZALL) and SANDALL.  They host and show off the new law library in Phoenix.  It would involve travel—but if we did it in the upcoming year SCALL will be in San Diego for those who cannot travel. Their preferences were first 2 weekends in March.

Past President’s Report-Michele Knapp:

Presented draft of AALL Annual Report.  Email any suggestions to her.

Committee Chairs and members covered.  Creating liaisons on board for each committee an idea.  Will send list out.

Bylaws-changes did get approved and are official. We did get suggestions from AALL Bylaws Committee.   Suggested changes from AALL we can consider later.

Secretary’s Report-Laurel Moran:

No information to report.

Treasurer’s Report-Derek Antler:

Question on our bylaws for any dues increase. Average dues are 27.00 AALL-wide. Ours are on the low end (20.00). Any increase will need to be submitted to members and voted on at the annual meeting. If we seek to increase dues this would have to be brought up at the next June annual meeting; simple majority vote.

Revised membership application form is done. Renewal date October 21, 2016 and form is ready to go to members. It will be sent to Listserv and to membership in September. Communicate with those who join mid-year and remind them they get next year as well under Bylaws terms.

Status of Funds: Revenue minus expenses we are at $xxx in the black.  Sponsorship and support for events is helpful in meeting expenses. Status of funds reported as:

Checking:  $xxx

Savings:  $xxx

PayPal:  $xxx

Total:  $xxx

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings:

Executive Board Meeting on Monday 9/26/16 at Specialty’s Café, 101 W Broadway, San Diego, CA.

 

Adjournment at 11:30 a.m. 8/17/16