SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes
Monday February 5, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster
Invitees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran, Christine Mathias, Laurel Moran, Marianne Sterna
Call to order at 10:06 a.m.
President’s Report – Lisa Foster
- Grants Committee vacancy exists. Lisa Foster will put a notice out on Listserv to fill vacancy. This is not a very labor intensive position.
- Membership bcc list. Lisa Foster created a list. She wants to be able to take member list and compare with bcc list. Christine will look at updating the list to assist Lisa with creating a good bcc list.
- Third Saturday Connect will conflict with institute and will be canceled.
Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna
- Joint Institute update. Marianne is working hard on the Institute. Overall we most likely will have 30 people. We have not created an Institute webpage as we have done in the past. AZall may be creating a page and we can link to their site.
- Other upcoming programming will involve an April webinar with David Stockland on working with people with disabilities.
- Spring social we will work on finding a location. Carla Castetter has offered a space in her Soledad Mountain community as an event location; we may consider that for the Spring Social.
- March meeting could possibly be recap of the Institute for those who could not attend.
Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran
- Social Media policy—progress report. Michele, Christine, and Erin Grimes have worked on editing the policy that SDLL shared. Consistent posting is really an important practice so that you engage your members.
- Michele is secretary on SLA-San Diego board. She just got back from a leadership symposium and she will share the information she garnered there. If there are any items the SANDALL board would like to share with SLA-San Diego—let Michele know.
Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran
- Approval of December meeting minutes
Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias
- Financial report
- Checking account $10,918.97. Paypal balance is $202.86. $5,144.03 in savings. Total in assets $16,265.86. No liabilities.
- On Holiday Party we just about broke even. We probably will come out ahead on the Institute.
Future Agenda Items & Meetings
Dues increase for business meeting. Lisa Foster will look into what needs to be done to bring that to the business meeting.
Adjournment at 10:41 a.m.