Dec 2017 Board Minutes

SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes

GoToMeeting: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/678959813 

Wednesday, December 11, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

 

Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster

Invitees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran, Christine Mathias, Laurel Moran, Marianne Sterna

 

Call to order at 9:35a.m. by Lisa Foster

 

President’s Report – Lisa Foster

  • GRC Chair vacancy. Lisa got a contact from a member, Rachel Green [at UCLA but still SANDALL member], volunteering to do this if it can be done virtually. Lisa will put her in touch with Anna Russell and/or David McFadden either of which can acquaint her with those duties/responsibilities.
  • Financial information – past meeting minutes. Lisa did not hear back from Heather. We will go forward and ensure this information is not left off of online minutes.
  • Responding to “Contact Us” emails. There is a lot of emailing back and forth so perhaps we should have protocol for who responds so there is no duplication of effort. The Board determined Lisa Foster will be the initial point of contact for responding to these emails.
  • Best practices for promoting events. Poor response rate on the events that SANDALL has planned. We have had one registration for USD and Cal Western registering multiple people at once and should check as holiday party registration should be higher than first noted. We need better communication on the LISTERV and to independent emails as well (bcc list).
  • Saturday the December 16th CONNECT will be canceled.

 

Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna

  • Programming
    • Holiday party (discussed above)
    • Joint Institute update. The vendor packet is being readied. We are confirming with speakers. We have Greg Lambert coming and his travel is covered. We are working on creating space for a third speaker. Things are moving along on the AZALL/SANDALL institute. Thomson Reuters pledged $1,000 sponsorship already. Lisa is working on getting AALL membership/conference registrations as give aways for Conference.
    • Other upcoming programming. Competitive intelligence (Betsy Chessler). Wednesday-January 24th (lunchtime event). Marianne will ready announcement and registration for that event.

 

Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

  • Wiki; there is no update on the Wiki. Google Drive log ins have been problematic. It may make sense to create a new email so we can move forward.
  • Michele will provide edits to Social Media policy before the end of the year.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • Approval of November meeting minutes
  • Approved and will be submitted to Heather.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias

  • Membership renewal status report. We have had new memberships trickle in. Membership is at 77.
  • Total in checking $8,907.73. Paypal $1,142.92. Savings account $5,143.91. Total for Banking is $15,194.56. No liabilities. Income is coming in from renewals and for Holiday Party. After the Holiday party the Paypal funds will be moved to the checking account. Will leave approx. 200.00 in Paypal in case refunds there are required.
  • Institute monies will be handled at AZALL end and then accounted for later.

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings

 

In person January meeting is going to be planned.

 

Adjournment at 10:15 a.m.