SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 9:30 a.m.
Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster
Invitees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (absent), Christine Mathias (absent), Laurel Moran, Marianne Sterna
Call to order at 9:37 a.m.
President’s Report – Lisa Foster
- GRC Chair vacancy due to Vance Sharp moving to a new library position out of town. Description of duty is needed. We need to get back to David McFadden and fill the position.
- Financial information – past meeting minutes. Lisa will inquire about this practice.
- Update on Listserv and Listserv Archive
We are on a new platform now and it is working much better. The first URL is the posting URL. The second one is where the archived messages are located. We have been assured that this information will be preserved on the archive of old messages. If they (AALL) changes this at any time they will notify. We may want to link the URL in our archive in the Wiki so old messages are preserved.
- New Lexis Library Relations Consultant. There is a new consultant that has taken over for Michael St. Onge. Loyd Auerbach is the person who has taken over. We should invite him to one of our events.
Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna
- Holiday party
- Joint Institute update
- Other upcoming programming
Good response on November event. We were not able to record it. Perhaps we could have emeritus members in the future to keep these individuals in the fold. Or make some of these individuals special guests at future SANDALL events.
Holiday party on December 12th. Fig Tree Café. Not many responses as of yet.
There was a Joint Institute meeting. Another planned for mid December. AZALL is working on speakers—perhaps a panel on cyber attacks. We got a partial amount of grant requested and will use that to pay for speakers, signage, etc. AALL will OK an MP3 recording so we can put more towards speakers. Lisa and Marianne working on vendor list.
No other upcoming programming. For January will most likely do Happy Hour. Focus will remain on Joint Institute. Marianne has ideas on speakers for Spring.
Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (absent)
- Wiki work ongoing.
Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran
- Approval of October meeting minutes
Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias (information sent via email) (absent)
- Membership renewal for 2017/2018 –status report. Lisa will touch base with her on renewals and whether follow up is needed.
- We need to submit the budget. Christine has prepared but we need to provide it to AALL.
- As of 11/21/2017 checking account balance is $8,711.73. Paypal balance of $752.64. Savings account balance of $5,143.78. Total Assets $14,608.15. No Liabilities as of this date.
Future Agenda Items & Meetings
We will inquire of members on availability in December. Week of 18th is the best.
Adjournment at 10:06 a.m.