Oct 2017 Board Minutes

SANDALL Board Meeting Minutes

Specialty’s Café, 101 W. Broadway

Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 9:30 a.m.

 

Meeting Facilitator: Lisa Foster

Invitees: Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (calling in), Christine Mathias, Laurel Moran, Marianne Sterna

 

Call to order at 9:40 a.m.

 

President’s Report – Lisa Foster

  • Connect Meeting (next meeting October 21, 2017). Marianne is hosting the meeting in Lisa’s absence.  Thank you Marianne.
  • Lisa found a message on Council of Chapter presidents about Listserv messages not going to all members. This may have to do with administration at AALL. One person suggested AALL is working on problem—in the meantime we may want to bcc the emails as a group (our membership).
  • Event cancellation policy. Lisa submitted a draft to start the conversation. She shared language she found from other chapter’s websites as well and submitted same. Discussion over whether policy needed or if we should just have a cancellation policy on the individual registration forms. Most of our events are free in any case. We will set a non refundable date and announce it clearly in advance on an event by event basis. Consensus was no policy was required.

 

Vice President’s Report – Marianne Sterna

  • Programming
    • Holiday party. Budget discussed for party. Will offer one drink, dinner, dessert. Will be Dec. 12th.
    • Union Tribune tour will be October 25th 8:30 a.m.
    • November event we are organizing for Nov. 17th (Friday) in the afternoon with speaker June McCleod and she is gathering up other speakers such as Mary Lynn    She will talk about start of SANDALL and her vision as a founder. This will be in Coronado in the Winn Room.
    • Joint Institute update (AZALL)
      • Venue and date selected
      • AALL Grant application submitted
      • Next conference call November 21 after grant results announced
      • Supreme Court chambers in Capitol is the proposed venue
      • Greg Lambert is the AALL designated attendee

 

Past President’s Report – Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran

  • Wiki and Social Media

Ongoing Wiki.  She has been in connection with Michele Knapp about accessing the Wiki. Right now we want to tie to the SANDALL gmail account. In the Wiki is a lot of outdated materials but there are annual reports, job descriptions. It is valuable and historical.

 

Social Media plan for SANDALL. We got SDLL’s updated plan.  Intent is we can update and modify for SANDALL purposes.  Christine is reaching out to Erin Grimes to work with Christine and Michele to get this up and running.  It is under PR committee and part of the past president’s work.

 

Secretary’s Report – Laurel Moran

  • Approval of September meeting minutes
  • Few additions/corrections and will be submitted to Heather for website.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Christine Mathias

 

Future Agenda Items & Meetings: Nov. 22nd via phone or Go to Meeting at 9:30 a.m.

 

Adjournment