~ SANDALL 2015 Winter Institute ~
Friday, January 9, 2015
Authenticating Electronic Legal Materials: UELMA & Beyond
SANDALL 2015 Winter Institute Presentation Recordings:
Materials related to conference:
- AALL table of “ Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act—Enactments”
- SB 1075 Endorsement Letter to Governor Brown send on behalf of the Council of California County Law Librarians (CCCLL), the Northern California Association of Law Libraries (NOCALL), the San Diego Area Law Libraries (SANDALL) and the Southern California Association of Law Libraries (SCALL).
- Best Practices for the Authentication of Official Electronic Legal Material written by Catherine Dunn and Jane Larrington.
- Security Collapse in the HTTPS Market Recent breaches at Certificate Authorities (CAs) have exposed several systemic vulnerabilities and market failures inherent in the current HTTPS authentication model. This article outlines the systemic vulnerabilities of HTTPS, maps the thriving market for certificates, and analyzes the suggested regulatory and technological solutions on both sides of the Atlantic.
- The E-FAC – One Year Later written by Jennifer Wondracek, In 2012, the Florida Legislature made the electronic version of the FAC the official version for the State of Florida. This paper provides a brief overview of the changes and how they affect public usage. The paper goes on to recommend the implementation of authentication procedures for electronic Florida legal materials and the passage of the Uniform Electronic Legal Materials Act.